Sunday, August 17, 2008

A Broken Leg!!

The night we got back from my mom's, we went to swim lessons and came home. The kids were so excited to see Dave!! In the midst of the excitement, they all started jumping off our retaining wall in our back yard. Dave was lifting them up into the air as they jumped and then would set them down on the ground. On one of Lincoln's turns, Dave wasn't quite ready and ended up setting him down on the ground too hard (and also fell a little bit on top of him). Lincoln fell forward and hit his head on the ground. I thought he had just hurt his head and told him to come over to me for a kiss. But...he wouldn't walk. When I went and got him, I asked where he was hurt and he pointed to his leg. I had a bad feeling about it. This was at about 7:15 in the evening. I knew that if I took him to the ER, that we would be there all night. So, we decided if he wasn't walking on it in the morning, that we would take him to the doctor. Sure enough, he wouldn't walk on it in the morning. We took him to the doctor and they took x-rays and reaffirmed that it was broken. They started him off by having him wear a splint for 2 days. Then he went in again and got the cast on. He has to have it on for 3 weeks. Not to long thank heavens. It's like having twins. I have to carry both him and McKay around since Lincoln won't walk on his cast yet. Hopefully he will start soon.

5 comments:

chelsea mckell said...

ohmygosh - that first pic of the two of them is adorable! They are both making the same smile!
Look on the bright side - from carrying them both around, your arms will get even more buff!

jocelyn said...

Poor little Lincoln. I'm sad for him, but I'm actually a little more sad for you! You are a trooper.

Tia Langston said...

Just gotta say...that is the cutest pic of McKay...oh, and the day before we came home from WA...out of the blue Teagan finally said that he liked the name Kamryn...and hasn't changed his mind since. Every once in a while he slips and calls the baby McKay, but at least he ok with Kamryn now too.

Megan Smith said...

Ohhh..I'm so sorry lil' Linc! Cute picture of the two of them.

birdeeb said...

Oh wow that would suck! I LOVE the two boys sitting together! ADORABLE!