Saturday, May 24, 2008

Best Dad in the WORLD!

We have been doing an incentive program for the kids so they can earn stickers for jobs. They then save up these stickers to turn in for prizes. Kiya earned 20 stickers which she decided to turn in for a 1-on-1 date with her dad. Her choice for a date...Chuck-E-Cheese. The complicated part was going to be when they would be able to go. We wanted to do something together as a family last night, so Dave tried to talk Kiya into inviting the family on their "date". After some hesitation (and bribing with all of the tickets at the end of the night), she gladly extended the invite to Cooper, Lincoln, McKay and I. I thought that was really sweet of her. So, the Chuck-E-Cheese excursion happened, pizza was eaten, and the tickets were turned in for prizes, which Kiya even splurged and got Cooper a couple of prizes with the tickets we all had earned. Also very sweet. On our way home, Dave decided he needed to make their "date" more special, so he had me drop them off at Cold Stone Creamery where they shared a cinnamon ice cream with butterfinger on top. I'm not sure what to think of the combo, but Kiya said she liked it. As I was putting the boys to bed...a little too late, Kiya and Daddy came home smelling of cologne and perfume; they had gone to the mall and each chose a scent. Then Kiya approached me with flowers in her hand and quite frankly said "These aren't for you." Dave had bought Kiya flowers on their "date". They are beautiful! I was so touched. He is definitely setting a high bar for those young men who someday will want to date our little girl. I'm so glad.

1 comment:

Tia Langston said...

Kiya is a lucky girl to have such a special relationship with her daddy. I feel so blessed to have all the time I do to spend with my sweet boys...and it's so fun to be able to watch the boys have one-on-one time with their daddy. They absolutely love it!